Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thing 2-The 7 & 1/2

I feel that lifelong learning is key to any humans growth as a person (educationaly, physically, emotionally and socially)

In regards to the 7 & ½:

The things that I found easy for me were:

Begin with the end in mind
- I am a person with high expectations and the only way that I feel I can reach those goals is to set very high standards for myself in order to have something to strive for.

Accept responsibility for your own learning
- This idea is self-explanatory

View problems as challenges
- I feel that there is no such thing as a mistake or a problem. I only see these events as learning experiences in life and in education. The only way it becomes a mistake or problem is if you don’t learn from it.

Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner
- Confidence is key in every aspect of life in order to maximize your potential, whether it be in education or leadership.

Use technology to your advantage
-I am the type of person that loves reading and learning or even acquiring new technology, whether it be in the classroom or in my home.

Teach/mentor others
-I feel that it is the duty of every teacher to pass along some type of knowledge to every student or faculty member that needs help in a certain situation that you are familiar with.

Play
-If you’re not having fun at what you are doing, you are WORKING. Something you enjoy should not always feel like work.

The one thing that I felt was hard for me:

Create
your own learning toolbox-This is something that I feel is not hard but an area that I could improve in.

1 comment:

  1. You have a great philosophy and understanding of learning and teaching.

    ReplyDelete