Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing 16- Wikis

Before working on this assignment, I had only used one version of the wiki, Wikipedia. Now that I have played around with different wiki's I have a better understanding of its purpose and its effectiveness. I wish I would have known about these types of resources when I was working on my undergraduate and graduate studies. I can see myself using wiki for student research topics and personal research. Wikis can help students with group think, brainstorming and research projects, by letting them keep an ongoing list of ideas that can be edited by others in their group.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about wishing we'd had these tools when we were in college. Kids today don't really realize the amazing technology at their fingertips and it's up to us to show them how to use it wisely.

    ReplyDelete